Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Happy Birthday -24h

I'm starting this post with the awkward feeling that I've written more in this blog in the past24 hours than in the past 4 months...Hm...I guess that would be the effect of the 2day-turned-into-an-5day-weekend spanish bank holliday---> which I why I love Spain.

OhKAY, have to be careful not to wander like that. Not in actual conversations at least. Oops, there I go again. Damn it!
Anyway, the purpose of this post, very late into the night, is to say a word for my dearest friend Carlos. Worry not, this is not a speech - all my good friends know I'd be the last person they'd ever ask to do a speech at their wedding, or any other time, actually.... - This is more like an admiration note for his will to take chances.
Now, if you knew I'd forgotten to send a happy birthday message yet again (pls note, the forgotten object is the message not the birthday! WHilst I understand that in the eyes of the birthdayee, the result is the same, it is not.), you might think this was some kind of twisted and sad diversion to make it up to him...But you're wrong. Even Carlos himself has lost all hope that might ever happen, don't you dear? And if I'm not blaming him, who can?
The purpose of this post is to CLAP CLAP CLAP. I've not always given him the right support (as many other could complain, but lay restless my friends, my day of redemption to you will come... eventually...), but he HAS gone to London and he IS actively job-searching. And whilst this is becoming increasingly common within my group of friends (going abroad with nothing closed) I still find it challenging. And given my previous post on Change is only natural that I praise him!
So there. I big clap. And a very happy birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home