Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Today there is no picture

Today there is no picture. Because today that is how I feel.
But if I were to portray myself today...
I'd start with tv statics. On the background, all of it. No bit would be left white or clean. I want confusion, robotic association, greyness as the industrial society itself! So uniform yet so cluttered!
I'd then sprinkle bits of crystal all over the apathic statics...Not carefully placed, no..wherever! Here, there, throw them in the air and let them fall where they want. They are free because they are broken apart. Like shattered pieces of a daily glow that has gone missing.
Newspaper would be next. Ripped, in long threads, and glued to the masterpiece in a caotic order...you smash, throw away, stow, you have it with you, all around you. Information overload.
And the final touch. The varnish. The tool of memory that conserves the work for days to come, spread over every misplaced piece, over every random feeling.
That's why today there is no picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home